Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh, How Time Flies!

Well, I'm not quite sure where to start. It's been quite some time since I blogged. So much has happened and, as usual, I don't' have much time to tell you about it. We just got back from a really wonderful trip visiting my dad in Georgia. We were there for a week and it was very relaxing and the food was delicious (I am blessed to have a mom and dad who are both amazing cooks!). One day we went to Hunting Island, South Carolina and went surf fishing. It was really windy and a little chilly but a lot of fun. James caught two fish and everyone else got skunked!

Although the trip was nice, getting home is another story!! Our original flight home was delayed from Savannah so we missed all our connecting flights. To make a long story short, we spent about 20 hours in airports and planes trying to get back to San Jose. Once we got back, Steve came to the airport to pick us up and told James that the oil light on our car had just come on. James thought that was weird but decided we'd get back to their house and check it before getting on the road headed home. Well, we didn't even make it off the freeway before the car started making a terrible metal on metal sound and the smoking!! We pulled off the freeway to take a look and found all the oil was leaking out...from who knows where! We were able to put oil in it and drive the few miles back to Steve and Sherry's. We tried to get a tow truck that night but couldn't so we stayed the night and Sherry had an Easter basket waiting for Landon in the morning and also a little Easter egg hunt. It ended up being really fun and I'm glad we stayed. Once we got a tow truck, we got towed to Vacaville and James dad picked us up there (poor guy spent basically his entire Easter in a tow truck!). So although I missed Ashley's baby shower and brunch, Easter dinner at Julianna and Jared's with the fam and my car being broken down with no idea what's wrong, we did make it home safely and in one piece!

Landon went to the doctor yesterday and he weighed in at 19lbs., 14oz. (though he feels like 30 pounds!!) and measured 30in. long. He is doing well, coming right along. He now claps, high-fives, waves, feeds himself, drinks from a sippy cup, pulls himself up on EVERYTHING, and is definitely picking up a little of my stubbornness! But he is still a good boy, happy all the time and sleeps very well.

I started my "Boot Camp" yesterday. For those of you who know me, you know how hard it is for be to get up before 9:00am!! But I have exercise boot camp 3 days a week from 5:30am to 6:30am for six weeks and I'm determined to make it to every one! James is still in the CHP hiring process for the second time...not much to report there. He's is working hard, as usual, and loving being a dad!

To Neil, we're sorry we missed your 30th birthday but you know we love you and can't wait to celebrate with you! Also, CONGRATS ON PASSING YOUR TESTS! I'm very proud of you and I knew you would do it!!!!!! Until next time...

1 comment:

Shorty said...

I am so happy you guys are home. I know we don't get to see each other that much, but knowing I CAN"T see you is rough! I am glad you had a good trip. I wish we could take the girls out to see Neil's G.G. Family is so nice! Sometimes it is nice when they are far away though! :) Just kidding!